Structural Design Review: Mainstream Schools and Nursery, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
|Project||Mainstream Schools (Junior School + Senior School) and Nursery|
|Location||Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.|
|Client||Shamal Group Limited, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.|
|Architect||Re:a.c.t Architects, Belgrade, Republic of Serbia|
|Structural Engineers||Dewan Architecs + Engineers, U.A.E.|
|Structural Design Review||Kraufner LLC, U.A.E.|
Kraufner LLC were commissioned by Shamal Group Limited to review the structural concept design of the Junior School, Nursery and Senior School, located on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Broadly, this included the following:
- Review of Structural Design Criteria/Design Basis Statement prepared by the Principal Consultant
- Development of structural analytical models to assess structural responses
- Review of Principal Consultant’s analytical models, as required
- Review of primary structural systems
- Review of Principal Consultant’s design calculations
- Review of structural drawings
- Review of Principal Consultant’s deliverables in view of Client’s requirements
- Preparation of design review summary reports and comments schedules
Both schools and Nursery are designed to accommodate the academic, creative, social and physical needs for whole-class, group and individual learning and teaching. Goal of the creative process was to design an environment that will nurture and support all pupils in a fully functioning, healthy, safe, comfortable and efficient school.
Designed to service both the local community and the surrounding communities, these buildings provide an essential local amenity and can be accessed by foot or cycle from all of the residential clusters within Yas Acres. Required number of car parking places and bus drop-offs is provided on the plot.
Reinforced concrete structures, with post-tensioned concrete floors and structural steelwork canopies.